If you are planning to attend the Africa Pharmacovigilance Meeting 2012, please check to see if you need a visa to visit Kenya. Information on visa requirements is located here:
- Embassy of the Republic of Kenya – Visa Services
- Kenya Tourist Board – Visa Information
- Download visa application forms from the embassy where you will obtain your visa, as the forms may vary.
- Visa applications must be submitted online for the United States (DC, NY, LA) (complete online and mail signed application to Embassy)
- Airport transportation will be provided from the Nairobi – Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (NBO) to and from the hotel venue, for participants who provide their travel itineraries to the meeting planners and request for an airport transfer. Participants will be greeted upon exiting the baggage terminal with a meeting sign indicating their name.
- For participants staying at the Intercontinental Hotel, airport transfer can be independently arranged with the hotel in advance (at least 24 hours in advance or more) for a cost of USD $30 one-way.
- Airport transfer will automatically be arranged for sponsored conference participants, unless otherwise communicated to meeting organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rooms have been reserved at the Intercontinental Hotel, with a corporate room rate for the nights before, during, and after the conference. Room reservations can be made starting on Monday February 27, 2012. Standard rooms are available for USD $190/night and deluxe rooms are available for USD $250/night, inclusive of breakfast, internet, and tax.
- For sponsored participants, room reservations will be made by conference organizers on your behalf.
Health and Safety Information
- All participants are advised to carry health insurance for the duration of their stay. It is the participants’ responsibility to determine if their current health insurance will cover them while in Kenya. Otherwise, sponsoring agencies are responsible for the obtaining health insurance for their participants.
- U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. State Department Travel Information
Travel and Leisure